Due to the alarming increase and effects of obesity on the human body, many diet plans and dietary supplements have emerged. Sadly, only a few are supported by science and are effective.
However, Keto diet and antixidant rich supplements such as Femito (フェミート) are backed by science as effective ways to lose weight. Most people familiar with keto diets would only associate it with weight loss; however, originally, the keto diet was introduced to treat chronic epilepsy in children. Studies revealed that the diet drastically reduced the number of seizures an epileptic child experienced. Keto has also been applied in managing a couple of other diseases.
What is the Keto diet? And how does it work?
Keto is diet that comprises of a high level of fat, adequate-protein, and a low amount of carbohydrates. Keto diet works by forcing the body into a metabolic state known as ketosis, where it learns to burn fat for energy other than carbs. Typically, the brain converts carbs into glucose for use as energy. As carbs are low and fats high, it comes to a point where there are no more carbs to burn for fuel, the body adapts by becoming efficient in burning fats into ketones to increase energy levels and refuel. Additionally, keto diets reduce insulin and sugar levels in the body. All this makes it suitable for weight loss. In fact, over 20 studies have suggested that a keto diet is more effective for weight loss than low-fat diets.
How Does Keto Diet Lead To Weight Loss?
- A high intake of protein in types of the keto diet can lead to reduced hunger stimulation. Less hunger, fewer calories you consume.
- Studies show that keto can decrease fat storage in the body by regulating the conversion of sugar to fat
- In addition to reducing fat storage, keto can increase the amount of fat a person burns while resting, exercising, and performing daily activities.
Types of Keto Diet
- Standard Keto Diet: This is the basic kind of keto diet; it includes 75% fats, 20% protein, and only 5% of carbs.
- Cyclical Keto Diet: This type of keto diet entails, 5-6 days of standard Keto diet, then 1-2 days of higher amounts of carbs.
- Targeted Keto Diet: This adheres to your regular or standard Keto diet except for more carbs on days that you workout. It primarily used by bodybuilders.
- High Protein KetoDiet: As its name implies, this type of keto involves a higher amount of protein. The protein level is usually increased to 30%, while fat will be at 65% and carbs at 5%.
Keto diets sometimes have certain side effects on beginners who are trying to adjust to the meal changes. A few of these effects are low energy, nausea, poor mental function, and sleep issues. The good news is, these signs often disappear after a while and can be managed by taking rich mineral supplements such as Femito (フェミート).