The best fish and chip shop in Scotland is listed as part of the 2019 National Fish & Chip Awards.
Low & # 39; s traditional Fish & Chip Shop, in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, took the crown when the finalists of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year award were announced by Seafish.
The annual National Fish & Chip Awards, a British wide competition that celebrates true excellence in the fish and chip industry, sees 10 finalists fighting to become the best store in the UK.
• READ MORE: 6 of the best places to get fish and chips in Edinburgh
Low & # 39; s that almost turn out The Fish Hoose in Thornton, Fife, to win the Scottish title, is now going to compete with other finalists from England and Wales.
Each of the stores that reached the final was judged on sustainable purchasing, menu innovation, marketing, staff training, marketing and customer service.
The complete list of companies that will mistreate it & # 39; & # 39; before & # 39; first plaice & # 39 ;, in alphabetical order, are:
· Angel Lane Chippie, Penrith, Cumbria
· Captain's Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
· Dolphin Takeaway, Dungannon, County Tyrone
· Harbor lights, Falmouth, Cornwall
· Krispies Fish & Chips, Exmouth, Devon
· Low & # 39; s Traditional Fish & Chips, Westhill, Aberdeenshire
· Mister C & # 39; s, Selby, North Yorkshire
· Olley's Fish Experience, Herne Hill, London
· Daddy's Fish and Chips, Cleethorpes, LincolnshireThe Crispy Cod, Tonyrefail, Rhondda Cynon Taff
These top 10 finalists now go to a final stage of judging in London in January before the eventual winner is crowned.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive officer at Seafish, said: "It is not possible to achieve this phase of the competition without showing true quality in every aspect of running a fish and chip business, so the traditional Fish & Chip Shop van Low has to be extremely proud of what they have achieved so far, it is this dedication to quality in all areas that make the National Fish & Chip Awards such a great experience for everyone involved.
"We have been fortunate enough to see an incredibly high standard of newcomers since we started this competition 31 years ago, and we can say with certainty that the top 10 of this year shows as much talent and passion for the industry as any winner that we have seen so far, good luck for everyone in the final. "
The winner of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award will be announced during the 31st anniversary of The National Fish & Chip Awards on 24 January 2019 in London.
Let us know what you think