The flight that lasted 8 hours and a three-day & # 39; hellish journey & # 39; became

The passengers of British Airways who have suffered a "hellish journey" of 77 hours Florida, United States, and London, United Kingdom, denounced that they had been treated in an "inhumane" way.

Travelers said they had slept on the floors of the airport and wept home during the "chaotic" journey.

The BA 2036 flight would start Thursday at 7:25 AM ET (00:25 GMT) from Orlando, Florida and arrive at Gatwick airport eight hours later, but the plane arrived at United Kingdom just on Sunday, after you went through New York.

BA apologized to the more than 200 passengers for the "long waiting time" and said he knew that they had "had a tiring and frustrating experience".

Passenger Sarah Wilson, whose family vacation from $ 14,000 to Disney World "became a nightmare," accused BA of "deceiving his passengers".

The flight had to leave Orlando Thursday night, but passengers waited four hours on the plane while repairing a technical failure, until they disembarked and sent to a nearby hotel.

Wilson, 44, said that the bus that would take them back to Orlando airport was postponed twice before she finally left on Friday at 20:00 (00:00 GMT).

After the Gatwick flight left at 01:00 ET (05:00 GMT), Wilson said the flight was transferred 40 minutes after departure to John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.

"The captain said they had the original problem again," says Wilson. "The turbulence was terrible and people were scared, tired and hungry."

"When we arrived at the airport, we had to wait until 06:00 in the morning (11:00 GMT) before the BA staff arrived. They told us it would be difficult to find a hotel because the supervisors of the New York Marathon had occupied everything, "he said.

The passengers have finally left United States Saturday night and they came to London Sunday morning.

"It was a hellish journey, when it was the holiday of our lives, for which we had saved for years," Wilson complained.

British Airways He confirmed that they had diverted one of the flights to New York "out of precaution due to a minor technical problem".

"We sent a helicopter to New York on Saturday morning so that customers can return to London as quickly as possible," said the company.

"Customers stayed where possible because there were limited rooms, but our teams provided customers in our first-class lounge, where bedding, food and drinks were provided to ensure they were comfortable during their stay," he said.