Entertainment

Meghan Markle's dad claims to have hung up Prince Harry during a call on a paparazzi's photo on stage

Meghan Markle's dad claims to have hung up Prince Harry during a call on a paparazzi's photo on stage

Meghan Markle's dad, Thomas Markle, is sharing new details about his conversations with his daughter and Prince Harry.

In a new interview with The Mail on Sunday, published on Saturday, the 74-year-old father of the Duchess of Sussex claims to have lied and "hung" Meghan's husband-hour after a phone call on her photographic scandal. Before his daughter's royal wedding, it was revealed that the director of retired TV lighting had worked with the paparazzi to organize photos of himself.

Meghan's father Markle Thomas wants the royal family to come out of "silent mode" and talk to him

"Harry told me that I should never go to the press, that would end in tears, he said:" They'll eat you alive, " Thomas says in the new interview on one of his first conversations with the 33 year old Duke of Sussex, admitting: "He was right".

Harry would call Thomas to ask if the news about him showing the photos were true, to which Thomas claims to have lied to the Prince, telling him that he was "measuring for a hooded sweatshirt."

After the news broke, Thomas says the couple called him back while he was recovering from a heart attack and reportedly told him, "If you had listened to me, this would never have happened."

Meghan's father Markle Thomas thinks she is "terrified", says that he has been frozen by communication with her

Thomas then says he replied, "Maybe it would be better for you guys if you were dead … then you could pretend to be sad," and hung up on Harry.

Meghan's father, however, admits that the prince had "absolutely right" to criticize him, but expresses the fact that it was Meghan not to let him give a speech to his marriage "that hurt him". Thomas never arrived at the wedding after suffering a heart attack.

"I'm not angry with Harry, I'm not angry with Meghan, I love them, I wish them well," he said. "But as for the rest, f ** k it. I'm done."

Thomas's review of the telephone conversation he had with the couple after his photo scandal was very different from the one he told "Good Morning Britain" in June. During his first television interview, Thomas said he was apologizing to Harry and Meghan for his actions.

Meghan Markle's dad says he did not talk to the royal family from his television interview

"In reality, it was not [a difficult conversation]. They were very kind, "he revealed during the paid interview, later that month, Thomas told TMZ he had not spoken to his daughter or any of the royal family from the interview" Good Morning Britain ".

Meanwhile, a source told ET last week that Meghan remains shocked that her father continues to release press interviews.

"He has not spoken to his father for more than 10 weeks since his marriage and is still hurt by his father, who has staged both photos and continues to release paid interviews," the source said. "The Palace is at a loss for what to do and is reevaluating its options, including a more aggressive strategy to stem the embarrassment caused by Meghan's father, half-sister, and half-brother."

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.