Health

A scratch of his cat caused an infection that almost killed him

A scratch of his cat caused an infection that almost killed him

A 68-year-old American suffered a very serious infection after being scratched by his cat. In the hospital they discovered a disease that registered 60% mortality if not treated properly.

Specifically, this man was a week with a fever and they were terribly inflamed by the ganglia that had a reddish aspect, which prompted him to go to the hospital, according to the published The New England Journal of Medicine and reproduced IFL Science.

There he was diagnosed as suffering from glandular tularemia, an infection caused by the bacterium Francisella tularensis, which can be found in birds and in many mammals.

When the doctors interviewed the patient, he said that after the death of his cat he started to feel bad, and that the veterinarian declared that the animal had died of feline leukemia, a disease whose symptoms resemble those of tularaemia. gland.

.

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.