Free Press writers Jeff Seidel, Nick Baumgardner and Orion Sang respond to Michigan's eighth consecutive victory, a 42-7 whopping Penn State, November 3, 2018.
Nick Baumgardner, Freep
Michigan football seems to be a lock to win LSU in the Playoff rankings of College Football on Tuesday.
LSU debuted at No. 3 last week and was then dominated at home by the top rated Alabama, 29-0.
Michigan travels on Saturday to Big Ten, also run Rutgers, and hostess Indiana for a confrontation in Ohio State on November 24. The game against the Buckeyes will probably determine the champion of the Big Ten East Division, and if Michigan can win that match – and the conference title the following week – then it should have a clear path to the playoff.
Here is an overview of the projections of College Football Playoff on the internet. Tuesday's ranking will be unveiled after the basketball game of Minnesota State against basketball in Kansas against ESPN.
• 247Sports: the national recruitment website places No. 4 Michigan against No. 1 Alabama in the Orange Bowl, and this is why:
"We are basically projecting Michigan to win and reaching the last four as the Big Ten's champion after Saturday's elimination winning the so-so outing from Penn State and Ohio State vs. Nebraska." No team in the Big Ten plays better defensively right now than Jim Harbaugh's team and it seems that Shea Patterson has finally played it over at the other side of the ball. "
• ESPN: Michigan is projected as the No. 4 seed and has a 50 percent chance of making the playoff. U-M also has a 20 percent chance to make the championship game and a 8 percent chance to win the title.
• FiveThirtyEight: the analytical vertical website of ESPN gives Michigan the fifth best chance to make the play-off at 40 percent. The website gives Oklahoma a chance of 41 percent to play the playoff, before the Wolverines.
• SB Nation: No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Michigan. (Orange Bowl)
• Sports Illustrated: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Michigan. (Cotton bowl)
• USA TODAY Sports: Michigan gets the number 4 seed after the pounding Penn State. This is the explanation:
The Wolverines have defeated Penn State and are now looking far and wide at the best team of the Big Ten. We already knew the defense. But hello, Shea Patterson and the offense are also on the way. & # 39;