Ilya Gerkus, General Director of Lokomotiv, spoke about the stage of the railway people and also noted that in the group stage of the Champions League the club would like to play with more serious rivals.
– We support and welcome the introduction of the VAR system in all possible ways. Simple, there is a certain procedure, as I understand it, it is still being launched by the RFU. We supported this initiative and I am sure that the majority also supports it. Launch will begin in the near future. VAR consists of two parts – technically, ie equipment and of the most important element in the form of trained jurors. This should be more judges, they should be prepared, and in Russia they should not pay sufficient attention to it, "Gerkus said in an interview – This is a very institute, they need to work closely together If we want to have a VAR, we need to understand that the judges will be twice as many and that the preparation period will take some time.This is technologically and operationally difficult.The second question is to solve the equipment, but this is easier.In Cherkizovo was that, we had a training camp of judges during the World Cup The equipment is made up for a day, up to two days.
– What about the construction of a roof at RZhD-Arena?
– In fact, we have completed pre-project work. We have different options for the development of the stadium in terms of completion and restructuring, now we will discuss this in the board of directors. There are two phases: the closure of the facades and the construction of the roof. There are several options for building new pillars, on which it will remain. In any case, we first say that we have to make the perimeter of the facade, which closes our open galleries, so that there is heat inside. Then follow the assembly of some supports. Most likely it is a question of four corner supports, on which the opened umbrella branch is hung. We simply take and buy an umbrella that is opened and cleaned.
– Where can the "locomotive" then play?
– It is clear that I am a fan of the "Luzhniki" and would go there. This is a chic, crazy stadium. But the question is to work with the public. CSKA also heard our idea remarkably well done, I can only applaud. I am very happy when ideas find fertile ground. It's one thing when you talk about an idea and they tell you it's all nonsense. And then people say: "Oh, we will do the same." So the right thought said. We did not get the club we wanted. We could only collect 100% "Luzhniki" on "Manchester United". I would go to & # 39; United & # 39; have come and they would have come to us. On the "Schalke" and "Port" there are not 70 thousand, less than 60, which we still have to collect. And CSKA Moscow received Real Madrid. What is more beautiful than Madrid "Really"? Clearly, we have to go to Luzhniki, there are no questions, this is a natural solution. Yes, and "Roma", in general, not bad. Neither "Schalke", unfortunately, nor "Galatasaray" are not the best football brands for the football community.
– What do you think of the chances to come out of the Champions League group?
– There are opportunities to occupy high places. Not that the rivals are ready, but the group is working. There are weaknesses in all teams: they are looking for something, are being rebuilt and you can play with them. The question is more for us: how can we tune in, organize, collect for these games, how well we can study rivals, find their weaknesses, how we will react. It will be very difficult to play the first game – on the road with "Galatasaray". There is a very loud stadium, the loudest stadium in the world. Moreover, the opponent will play tight, cling, and it is all hard to endure. And then the question to the trainers, because it will be necessary to prepare for these players, especially for those who have never played before. We must endure, not break, there will be a heavy, dense confrontation.
– Is it good for Lokomotiv that the first match for the team in the Champions League will be exactly like that?
– It depends on the result. Of course it is good if you win. In general it is better to face a serious rival.
Ilya Gerkus: "After the transfer campaign we count on a place in the top three"