Fabinho moved to Liverpool in the summer after being previously tied to Manchester United (photo: Getty). Fabinho denied that he moved to Manchester United blocked by Monaco before joining Liverpool at the start of the summer.
The Brazilian midfielder was one of the protagonists of the Monaco team that won the Ligue 1 title in 2017 and his performances have attracted the attention of many clubs.
It is reported that Manchester United is interested in bringing Fabinho to Old Trafford, with reports claiming that Monaco has blocked the passage of the 24-year-old to the Premier League team.
But Fabinho denied the suggestion, saying that Jose Mourinho's team has never approached Monaco with an official offer.
"Manchester has never shown any formal interest, he never made me an offer," he told Sky Sports.
"Maybe there was some interest or conversation, but it's no coincidence that Monaco will not let me go to Manchester United or deny me the move, nothing really ever materialized."
The Brazilian impressed for the French club Monaco (Image: Rex Features)
Fabinho cost Liverpool more than 40 million pounds, but Jurgen Klopp warned the fans that the Brazilian national is still taking time to adapt to his new environment.
Speaking of the club's summer additions, including Alisson, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri, Klopp said last week: "I'm really happy with the new players.
& # 39; Fabinho, much better in pressing offensive, but still in trouble a bit & # 39; as not quite fresh. It was a tough pre-season for him.
"Shaqiri arrives at nine and looks really good. It can play as a 10 and on the wing. And it was amazing what he did.
"Naby played 50 minutes at the highest level and then left some gap open, the defense transition could be better, so many things to work on."
Liverpool start their Premier League campaign against West Ham on Sunday and Fabinho is in doubt for the race after reporting an illness this week.
OTHER: Jurgen Klopp insists that Liverpool should "improve everything" to challenge the title