Liverpool's summer expenses should see them launch a title challenge this season.
Jurgen Klopp saw his problem with the goalkeeper remedied by Alisson Becker, added depth to his offensive options with the purchase of Xherdan Shaqiri's deal and solidified his midfield with Naby Keita's signature and Fabinho.
The Reds are currently the second favorite to claim the Premier League title, behind only the defending champions of Manchester City, and the investment of the Merseyside club in the gaming staff is the main reason why.
However, Liverpool had to reject the interest of rivals for some players.
Shaqiri had been linked to several clubs while it was suggested that Alisson should be interested in both Real Madrid and Chelsea.
It was also said that Manchester United was anxious to add Fabinho to their ranks, but, in an interview with Sky Sports, the Brazilian midfielder revealed the truth about United's interest for him.
Fabinho, who cost £ 40m to Liverpool when he arrived from Monaco in May, insists that there has never been an official approach by Jose Mourinho.
"Manchester has never shown any formal interest, it has never made me an offer," he said
"Maybe there was some interest or conversation, but it's no coincidence that Monaco will not let me go to Manchester United or deny me the move, nothing's ever really materialized."
Fabinho should wait to make his debut in the Premier League while Klopp has revealed that the 24 year old has felt bad in the last days.
A scan of an injury collected during a preseason victory over Torino showed that Fabinho was free from injuries, but the disease could keep him away from Sunday's clash with West Ham.
"Fabinho is clear," said Klopp.
"He did a scan but the check was clear, then he felt bad and we sent him home and I did not see him anymore.