Studio Wildcard has confirmed that a new update of ARK Survival Evolved will be launched today on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
After moving the huge patches released in the initial development of the game, the development team is now focused on fine tuning the game.
Today's big update includes some new changes for fans on all platforms and also brings a new event.
Valentine's Day celebrations are now being activated through the servers and include some new prizes and bonuses.
Players will see new wild creatures colored red, pink and white that roam the ARKs, or most of the official versions of the game.
Studio Wildcard also confirmed that during mating, creatures will have a 25% chance of dropping an object.
This article could be one of many things, including a Valentine Chocolate that restores full HP or drops 40% off on a bar to tame creatures, or a Valentine candy, which gives vat to random colors of dino when it is eaten.
There will also be a series of active bonuses during the Valentine's ARK event, including:
- Enhanced Mate range increased by 2x
- Coupling coupling and coupling recovery increased 3 times
- The incubation and incubation rate of eggs has been increased 3 times
- Consumption of food for children has decreased by 1/3
A new limited-time feature will see survivors being able to send a personalized Valentine card, which can be done by going to playark.com/valentines.
As for today's update release, ARK Survival fans on PC and Xbox One should have already received it.
Those on PS4 may have to wait a little longer, with the official ARK Survival support team confirming:
"The patch for the Valentine's Day event for PC, Mac / Linux and Xbox is now available! PS4 coming soon."
Tomorrow we will also see some server interruptions while Studio Wildcard performs maintenance.
"On February 13, starting at 7:00 am EST, we will perform a small maintenance on a portion of our official NA servers," reads the ARK support message.
"During this time the servers will go offline in succession, so everything will not drop off promptly at 7 am.
"Servers will not be running during this maintenance period when they are not available. We expect that the entire maintenance will take a few hours, but the servers will reboot shortly after being removed, which should minimize time of individual inactivity.
"It is also worth noting: in the next patch we will rename all legacy servers to include" LEGACY "in their names.
"This change will not affect your favorites, but the name will be changed there to reflect the new name.The legacy servers will use the following format: LEGACY-servername.ex: LEGACY-OfficialServer2.
"This change applies to all platforms that have Legacy servers, but legacy servers will still be placed on the official Legacy Servers tab in the server browser."
Patch notes were also released for the new update and all changes made to the game were confirmed. They can be found below for PS4 and Xbox One, revealing a number of exploits that have been removed.
Valentine's Day event!
- Auto Active from 2/12 to 2/18 for non-TC
- Run with ActiveEvent = vday to manually switch
- Event rates:
- 2x Coupling / coupling increase range
- 3x Coupling coupling / recovery speed
- 3x Speed of maturation of the child / egg
- 1/3 ° Food consumption for children
- Details of the event:
- Dino color generation: creatures have a 20% chance to lay down with Christmas-themed colors
- During mating, creatures have a 25% chance of dropping an object. That object has a 50/50 chance of being one of the following:
- Valentine chocolate: restore full HP, or win 40% off on a Dino & # 39; s Tame Bar
- Valentine's candy: random colors of dino
- Ice Breath damage is now resized based on distance from the target
- Improvements to situations in which Managarmrs floats away
- Whistle Follow or Whistle Stop instruct Managarmr to interrupt their active ability and return to the ground
- Amount of reduced ice freezing
- Increased time between Freeze Debuffs
- Correction for Rafts exploits
- Correction for exploits related to Tek gloves
- Correction for owl and newborn exploits
- Correction for Owl-related exploits
- Correction for exploits related to Desert Titan lightning
- Correction for Ladder exploits
- Correction for chair-related exploits
- Improvements in the memory of the environment
- Ask Ice Titan to consider multiple targets as a jumping enemy
- Correction for Desert Titan that sometimes freezes / refuses to move during the fight with the boss
- Correction for the Titan of the desert who occasionally flew out of the confines of the world
- Untamed Desert Titan with lightning strike on the ground will now have a variable delay
- Removed Burning Debuff that the lightning field puts on the enemies
- Reduced damage to structures from melee attacks
- Added "Enable pairing" in the behavior dialog on Dinos, it is no longer necessary to wandering for mating
- Change the Dino Hover user interface to read "Enable Wander or Coupling by Pairing" instead of "Enable Wander by Pairing".
- Move the chat down to the bottom left corner
- Increased the size of Bullet / Arrow to 100 (from 50).
- Reduction of the automatic / heavy inventory size of the turret to about 40%, to adapt to the change of the ammunition stack (you get a slight increase in the maximum number of bullets that can store)
- Finish increasing the limit of the tribe group from 5 to 10
- A player can not accept alliance invitations unless they are administrators of the tribe
- Alliance invitations and new tribes added or removed from covenants are now registered in the Tribal Register.
- The tooltips now contain the dino statistics
- The pairing timer now advances while in a Cryopod unless Cryopod is transferred and then reset to comply with the new server's MatingIntervalMultiplier
- The aging of the baby is paused while in a Cryopod
- The imprint of the child is paused while in a Cryopod
- The baby's gestation is interrupted when a Cryopod is inserted
- Reduced range of SFX air conditioning
- It no longer affects Quetz and Karkinos
- Stun the cooldown increased compared to dinos, 5 seconds -> 7.5 seconds
- The rate of decrease in torpidity has been halved
- Now you can fight to get out faster
- added [ServerSettings] ItemStackSizeMultiplier to increase or decrease the stack size of items
- added [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity to allow manual overriding of the item stack size on a per-article basis
Optimization of the mesh memory
- doedicurus clavicaudatus
- Sella Parasaur
- Rex saddle
- Sauropode saddle
- Various meshes of particles
Optimization of particle memory
- Fixed the problem with missing bionic skins